|“||I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact...||”|
The Office is a small, compact room. Against the wall in front of the player stands a desk, on top of which sits a few electronic monitoring devices, as well as a fan, a drink, and various balled up papers. Wires stream up to the ceiling from the monitoring devices. The desk has two drawers, along with a speaker with a spider web that seems to be covering the speaker itself.
On top of one of the monitors sits a pink cupcake with large, cartoony eyes that resemble those of the animatronic characters. The wall behind the desk is adorned with a poster of Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie, and Chica on stage, on top of which reads "CELEBRATE!" in large letters.
Next to the poster are drawings which seem to have been drawn by children, hanging up on the wall. The leftmost picture features Bonnie popping out of a white and red box. The drawing diagonal to it shows a child getting a present from Freddy, along with a cluster of smiley faces. The picture directly below that is one of a sun next to a group of balloons. The picture diagonal to that shows Freddy handing a girl a present.
There are two other drawings, mostly obscured: the one on the left is a bust of Bonnie's smiling face, and the one on the right illustrates two children around a birthday cake, with what appears to be Freddy and Bonnie's heads on top. Each drawing has large, colored text on top that appears to read: "MY FUN DAY!!!" with the "N" of "FUN" obscured in each instance. In each picture showing the animatronic characters, their eyes are drawn as black with white pupils, just like the uncovered endoskeleton eyes. More pictures just like these can be seen in the West Hall (CAM 2A).
On either side of the player are large windows, which allows them to see outside of The Office, as well as two doors that stay open, and can only be closed by pushing the corresponding button. Outside of the doors are hallways which lead to the rest of the restaurant and contain some electrical items, as well as small papers littering the walls.
Nearest to the player are two different colored panels, one on each side, both of which have two buttons mounted on them. The top button closes and opens the Doors, which protect the player from the intruding animatronics, and the lower buttons power on the corresponding lights to allow the player to see directly outside The Office. The longer the lights and doors are active, the more power is drained.
The floor appears to be black and white tiled, matched by a black and white tile stripe on both walls. The rest of the walls from the checkered stripe up are a grayish color. The ceiling itself is not visible, and the only thing on it seems to be a hanging ceiling lamp, which illuminates the room.
In the mobile version of the game, the player can purchase decorative plushies (stuffed toys) of Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica for The Office. The Bonnie plush sits on the left side of the desk, the Freddy plush on top of the monitor in front of the poster, and the Chica plush to the right of the fan, each costing approximately $0.99.
- Clicking Freddy's nose on the "Celebrate!" poster will play a honk sound. The sound can still be generated even after the power is fully drained. The sound will not cut off unless the player moves their mouse to another area of the nose before clicking again. This works on the mobile and PC versions.
- The player will get this same sound in the second and third game when they click on Toy Freddy's nose and the Freddy poster's nose, respectively. The sound can also be triggered in the fourth game by clicking on the nose of the Freddy plushie on the bed.
- The sound will play on the mobile version of the first and third game, but not the second game, or the fourth game.
- There is a cupcake with eyes at the right side of the room. It appears to be the same cupcake that Chica holds whilst on the Show Stage.
- Sometimes, a very faint circus-like music plays. What causes it is currently unknown.
- Some items in The Office, such as the light and the fan, seem to be the passive power users (the first green bar) that are always draining power. These cannot be turned off manually, and only ever shut down when the power goes out.
- It is very likely that the formerly mentioned power consumers are the reason why the power still drains when remaining idle.
- Though rarely, The Office is one of two rooms in which three animatronics can appear at the same time: Chica, Bonnie, and Golden Freddy. The other location is the Show Stage.
- Though Bonnie appears in the doorway, the player can still see a faint shadow of his ears through the window when turning on the lights. Doing so will alert the player that Bonnie is still lurking outside of the door, and it is not safe to open it.
- Though the phone calls that can be heard from Night 1 to Night 5 are heard after a phone ring, no phone can be found in The Office.
- There could be a phone, but it is placed in a location not visible from the player's point of view.
- On some occasions, if the player doesn't raise up the Monitor, a quiet banging sound can be heard; what causes this is currently unknown.
- When Foxy runs, If the player puts the Monitor down, then puts it back up immediately, the player will see The Office on the Monitor. It is likely a bug by Scott Cawthon.
- There is a bug that, when Freddy jumpscares the player in The Office, all buttons for lights and doors disappear.
|“||Um, something else worth mentioning is kind of the quirky modern design of the building. You may have noticed there are no doors for you to close, heh. But hey, you have a light! And even though your flashlight can run out of power, the building cannot. So, don't worry about the place going dark.||”|
The Office is a location within Freddy Fazbear's Pizza and is the central location of Five Nights at Freddy's 2. As in all of the other games, except for Five Nights at Freddy's 4, The Office is the only room that the player inhabits.
Unlike The Office from the first game, there are no doors to protect the player; in place of the doors there are two vents on either side of the room, along with a large hallway in front of the player. The player will now have to rely on the vent lights, the Flashlight, and the Freddy Fazbear Head in order to avoid a swift death at the hands of the animatronics.
The Office has a large, dark entrance in front of the player, with vents on both the left and right walls. In front of the player is a desk with balls of paper, a fan, and a drink. There are two warning symbols on the wall above the entrance. On the left wall there is a poster that reads "CELEBRATE" and features the toy animatronics, excluding Mangle.
The right wall features children's drawings of the animatronics. Each drawing seems to have the words "My day at the NEW Freddy Fazbear's Pizza!" The drawings depict what seems to be empty suits, sometimes with eyes, but rarely. Two drawings depict satisfied or happy children disassembling Mangle. The top-right drawing features Freddy Fazbear as an empty suit with what appears to be a red nose, singing to a child that is dancing happily to the music. The one beneath it seems to depict Golden Freddy's suit lacking a nose and emitting curved lines, which could possibly signify odor, towards one child that is turned towards Golden Freddy. The other three children in the drawing, however, seem to be looking at something emitting music, but not visible in the drawing.
Another drawing depicts a child floating away or possibly jumping with balloons, BB being at the right of the drawing, looking over at the child. Curiously, Balloon Boy in-game is never seen with his eyes ever facing another direction besides forwards. Another picture depicts The Puppet giving a child a gift, possibly referencing the Death Minigame dubbed "Give Gifts, Give Life," or otherwise implying that The Puppet is designed to hand out prizes to kids.
Another drawing appears to show a child with a cartoon heart over its head reaching its hand out to what appears to be Chica, whose eyes are actually visible, unlike the rest of the depicted animatronics (Balloon Boy and The Mangle being exceptions). Another drawing features what can be assumed to be the old animatronics: Bonnie, Freddy and Chica. However, the Chica in the drawing's beak resembles Toy Chica's beak. A ninth drawing is present but is off-screen, only showing a child with confetti raining down upon them. The ninth picture can be seen fully in Kid's Cove and the Prize Corner. It depicts The Puppet springing out of its box and throwing confetti on amused children.
There appears to be colored stars hanging from the ceiling and black and white tiles used for flooring, both of which are common designs throughout the building in both the original game and Five Nights at Freddy's 2. The blue and green-tiled strip of wallpaper is also a common feature throughout the pizzeria. There are papers stuck to the walls, but their contents are unknown.
Monitors are positioned against the far wall with thick wires connected to them, seeming to lead from cameras throughout the building; there are also wires leading to nowhere on either side of the room. The walls appear to be made of either gray concrete or moldy/fading wallpaper with confetti as decoration. The black marks on either side of room are perfectly mirrored, though this may just be Scott Cawthon not taking the time to render two separate textures for two separate walls, which commonly occurs in video games.
The two air vents (a Left Air Vent and a Right Air Vent) on either side of the room, mentioned above, are how most animatronics enter The Office. When an animatronic either enters or exits The Office through one of the vents, a sound is played, alerting the player that an animatronic has either entered or exited the room. A button is positioned above each of the vents which, when pressed, will activate a light in the corresponding vent, thus revealing any animatronics that are about to enter The Office.
Unlike the original, this office is much cleaner and more organized, probably due to either the company having a larger budget or better management. This could also just mean that Jeremy Fitzgerald is much more organized than Mike Schmidt. The monitors are now located to the sides of The Office, rather than in front of the player.
- When Toy Freddy's nose is clicked on the "Celebrate!" poster, it will play a honk sound, similar to the other games in the series. However, this feature does not exist on the mobile versions. This also applies to the fourth game's mobile port.
- When the Balloon Boy paper doll disappears from Party Room 4, it will sometimes appear hanging on the wall to the right of The Office door. Its arrival is seemingly random and does not appear to be triggered by anything.
- The prizes won from completing the Custom Night presets will appear on the player's desk.
- The desk and the buttons for the lights are not actually a part of The Office; they are both different image files, with the desk and buttons overlaid on top of The Office's background.
- An odd-colored Balloon Boy, named "Balloon Girl" by fans, may randomly appear under the desk. This event seems to be random, as there is not yet a known trigger.
- The only animatronics that can be seen in The Office before they attack are Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie, Chica, Toy Freddy, Mangle, and Golden Freddy.
- The only animatronics that attack as soon as they enter The Office are Foxy, Toy Bonnie, Toy Chica, and The Puppet.
- The only animatronics that cannot be seen in the hallway outside the office or the vent blind spots are Chica and The Puppet.
- Shadow Bonnie may occasionally appear inside The Office; though, the player can easily get rid of it by equipping the Freddy Fazbear Head.
- Just like the first game, there is no phone visible in The Office, despite Phone Guy's calls from Night 1 to Night 6.
- With the same reasoning as the first game, however, the phone could be outside of the player's field of vision.
- When BB is in The Office, the buttons on his shirt are white-grey but when he is in the Game Area and the Left Air Vent, they are black, which could either be caused by lighting or an error in development.
- This is the only office in the series to not have any form of windows.
|“||You can check the security cameras over to your right with a click of that blue button. Uh, you can toggle between the hall cams and the vent cams... Uh, then over to your far left, uh, you can flip up your maintenance panel. Y'know, use this to reboot any systems that may go offline. Heh. So, in trying to make the place feel vintage we may have overdone it a bit, hehe...||”|
The Office is a location in Fazbear's Fright and the central location of Five Nights at Freddy's 3. Like the previous titles, The Office is the only room that the player inhabits.
Unlike the previous titles, there are no lights for the player to switch on, nor are there any doors to close or a head to ward off animatronics. Instead, The Office is suited with a Maintenance Panel to keep the systems running properly and a Monitor to keep tabs on the rest of the building.
The Office is a long room with a large window set in front of the player and a single doorway to the left. In the doorway is an empty, half-assembled Freddy Fazbear suit, propped up on a stand with no legs. Between the doorway and the window lies an old-looking cardboard box filled with old animatronic parts and relics, consisting of the toy animatronics, as well as the BB paper-plate cutout and what appears to be Foxy's hook-hand.
To the right is a desk, mostly clear, save for some wadded up paper balls, a soda cup, what appears to be a half-eaten hot dog, a table fan, and three figurines of the main animatronics, Bonnie, Freddy, and Chica. To the left of the desk is a waste basket, filled with a few more balled-up papers. Attached to the walls (and the window) are several drawings of the various characters of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, half of which appear to be official posters, the other half seeming to be drawn by children.
The entire room is fairly dark, and takes on an eerie greenish-yellow glow, due to the overall atmosphere of the attraction. Wires hang down from the ceiling in several places, both inside the room and in the hallway on the other side of the window. The tiled walls throughout this room (as well as most of the building) appear water or age-damaged, or both, lending an old, decrepit feel to the place. The floor is also made of tile though it looks cleaner.
While there is a vent leading to The Office, it is located on the right side of the room, which is cloaked in shadow. Another vent opening is in the hallway in front of the player, and one is in the hallway to the left.
- This is the only office in the entire series to have a window in the front, where players can see any animatronics directly outside.
- Clicking on Freddy's nose on the poster of him directly to the left of the large window will produce the same honking sound which occurs when clicking Freddy's nose on the poster from the first game or Toy Freddy's from the second game, also including the Freddy plush on the Bed in the fourth game. This is possible in the mobile version.
- Shadow Freddy can appear near the doorway (in a slumped position, similar to that of Golden Freddy from the first two games) at very rare intervals.
- During Night 5, on the right side of the player's desk, a figurine of Toy Bonnie can be seen. Clicking on this figurine will take the player to Shadow Bonnie's minigame.
- The box of parts in The Office strangely seems to be in mint condition.
- The BB paper plate doll also appears to not have withered down at all, despite the 30 years in which it hasn't been touched.
- There used to be much speculation about the alarm inside The Office that activates at almost seemingly random intervals. Rumors went around that this alarm actually plays a purpose in protecting the player. Some said that the alarm actually activates when Springtrap enters a room with ventilation access, but other rumors say it activates because there is a ventilation error.
- This was actually proven that this was only a ventilation error and is not caused by the player or any other outside force.
- It was also proven that while The Office alarm is active (while The Office flashes red) the player will see multiple Springtraps on their cameras. It was previously thought that this was a glitch but was confirmed to be intentional by Scott Cawthon when version 1.03 was released.
- This was actually proven that this was only a ventilation error and is not caused by the player or any other outside force.
- The box of parts in The Office seems to be leaking some kind of liquid. This could be oil, or possibly water.
- The same liquid, or one similar, also seems to be on the walls and desk. However, this could just be dirt.
- On rare occasions, the Bonnie and Freddy paper plate dolls seen hanging in Party Room 4 from Five Nights at Freddy's 2 will appear in The Office, the Bonnie plate doll above the box where Balloon Boy's paper doll resides, and the Freddy plate doll on the top right-hand corner of The Office. Their appearance is seemingly random, has no known trigger, and does not impact gameplay.
- Phantom Mangle's head is always outside The Office window, but usually out of sight. It will only rise up and appear visible to the player when the hallucination is triggered.
- The cupcake can sometimes appear at the right of the desk. Its appearance is seemingly random, has no known trigger and does not impact gameplay. It was previously thought that collecting all the cupcakes in the Chica's party minigame would make the cupcake appear, but this has been proven false.
- The Bonnie figure on the desk appears to be a cyan color, while Bonnie appears in a blue-ish color.
- This is also the case with Bonnie in the end-of-night minigames.
- The Office is made out of two files, The Office without the hall, and the hall's walls without the office. It is currently unknown why, although it is most likely to make Springtrap and Phantom Freddy easier to add.
- The table appears to be the same table from the Five Nights at Freddy's office. It is unknown if this means anything.
Five Nights at Freddy's
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
Five Nights at Freddy's 3