Minigames has not been given an official name; as such, this name is purely conjectural. However, it will be used until an official name is released.
Minigames are a major game mechanic in Five Nights at Freddy's 3. Unlike the minigames in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, the player does not need to die in order to trigger them. Instead, they can either trigger the minigames manually (in the case of the Extras games) or play one at the end of each Night, the latter of which advance the story and contain hints on how to trigger the former.
As with the Death Minigames, the graphics for these are in a retro style akin to that of old Atari games.
BB's Air Adventure
Accessing the Minigame
- BB's Air Adventure is not a Night-Specific minigame. The player can access the minigame on any night by going to Cam 08 and double-clicking on the character drawing of BB on the left wall.
- In this minigame, the player takes control of BB to collect balloons. The balloon count at the top starts at 8, but in the first room, there are 7 balloons to collect. Once these 7 balloons have all been collected in this room, an exit will appear in the form of a door. Touching this door ends the minigame, though in doing so, the player will leave 1 balloon uncollected. There is no penalty for neglecting the last balloon, but the secret portions of the level are important for unlocking other minigame aspects later in the Nights.
- Another way that this minigame can end is if the player exits the starting room by jumping out of an invisible exit at the top left corner of the room. This exit option is unlocked once the player gets the 7 balloons in the first room. Once the player does this, they will fall to a black-and-white area, in which they can proceed to the left to enter another area. The next area contains three crying, silhouetted Balloon Boys near a large silhouetted structure. If the player proceeds left, they will encounter an exit in the form of a door. Touching said door ends the minigame.
- A third way that this minigame can end is if the player collects the 7 balloons in the first room, then exits the starting room by jumping out of the invisible exit at the top left corner of the room. If the player has already gone through the second Exit door, red balloons should appear as static platforms underneath where BB is falling, leading to a blue platform with a child that appears to be dead. If the player walks off the right edge of this platform, they will land on another "room" with a color-changing balloon. Important: Enter the room from the bottom-left corner, otherwise the player may get caught and need to restart (F2) the game. Collecting this balloon is necessary for full progression in this minigame.
- Once the player has visited the Mangle's Quest minigame (Night 2), return to BB's Air Adventure. Following the same path of the Third Ending to the platform with the child will lead to the player successfully completing the full minigame. A cake will appear once the child is approached, and the minigame will then end. The child then awakens, and one of the children in the Happiest Day minigame will be unlocked.
Accessing the Minigame
- Mangle's Quest can only be accessed on Night 2 by going to Cam 07 and clicking on the top-left, then bottom-left, then top-right, then bottom-right buttons on the left (P1) side of the arcade machine.
- The player must use WASD controls to control Mangle, W being the Jump button. The player must move Mangle in a platform-style minigame to collect its 4 missing parts, each worth 100 points. A big kid runs around at the bottom of the screen from left-to-right on the second and third screens of the inner room. Landing on or simply touching the kid will dismantle Mangle and end the minigame. An exit will also appear on the last segment of the inner room, and touching the door will end the minigame.
- If the player has already advanced in BB's Air Adventure (Third Ending), the player will be able to exit the inner room by jumping through an invisible exit in the top-right of the inner room. Mangle will then fall a considerable distance into a majority-red atmosphere. Falling all the way will show a very tall crying Puppet silhouette (or statue) collapsed down on its knees. Going left will show red balloon platforms. Follow these red balloons, and if BB's Air Adventure has advanced to at least the Third Ending, Mangle will find a cake on the last red balloon. Touching this will end the minigame and unlock the Foxy/Mangle mask child in the Happiest Day minigame. Alternately, the player can use the Exit door on the far bottom-left of the minigame, but this will not unlock anything new in the Happiest Day minigame.
Accessing the Minigame
- To trigger this minigame, the player must be on Night 3 and find the dark gray cupcakes with faces via the camera feeds. Clicking all of these will automatically start the minigame. The cupcakes will always appear in Cams Cam 02, Cam 03, Cam 04, and Cam 06.
- In this minigame, the player takes control of Toy Chica to collect 4 different cupcakes and take them to 4 crying children wearing blue clothes. Each cupcake delivery results in a the respective child smiling and wearing a green jumpsuit. Once each child has been given a cupcake, an Exit door will appear on the lower level. Touching said door ends the minigame.
- If all prior cake endings have been reached, there will be a secret way to reach another child. After giving cupcakes to all 4 children, the player can jump through an invisible hole in the wall on the top-left of the lower level (around the level transition from top-to-bottom levels). The player must land on a red balloon or will fall through to a crying cupcake and Exit door. If the player lands on the red balloon and platforms up to reach the child, and all previous minigames have resulted in their Cake Endings, Chica will provide a cake to the child, unlocking another child in the Happiest Day minigame.
Accessing the Minigame
- To trigger this minigame, the player must be on Night 4. Nine wall tiles in The Office are clickable and are in a dialpad-type configuration, as on a phone. These tiles are located between the box of Animatronic masks and the trashcan. Pretending that this is a dialpad, type in 3, 9, 5, 2, 4, 8. For reference, treat 3 as 'top-right'. Clicking the wall tiles in the right order will bring the player to the minigame.
- In this minigame, the player takes control of Golden Freddy in a highly odd-clipping platforming game. An Exit door is present in the top-right corner of this first room, which will end the minigame.
- There are actually nine rooms in this level. Golden Freddy can exit the first room by running left into the stage platform (to the left of the children). He will then "slide"/jerk through the left side of the room, then falling. The player can walk all the way to the bottom-right of the map and simply exit via an Exit door. Once in the bottom-right part of the level, follow these steps to reach the crying child:
1. Jump into the Left side of the bottom-right room. This will transport Golden Freddy up to the top of the outside of the bottom-right room.
2. Jump left into to the top-right corner of the Bottom-Center room. This will transport Golden Freddy to the top of the outside of the bottom-center room.
3. Jump up through the floor of the middle-center room (slightly to the left of Golden Bonnie). Golden Freddy will then be transported into the middle-center room. Jump into the right side of the inside of this room, and Golden Freddy will be transported to the top of the outside of the middle-center room.
4. Jump up through the floor of the top-center room (slightly to the left of Golden Bonnie). Golden Freddy will then be transported into the top-center room. Jump into the left side of the inside of this room, and Golden Freddy will be transported to the top of the outside of the top-center room.
5. Jump right into the left side of the top-right room. This will clip Golden Freddy through the wall to meet a crying child. If the player has reached all prior Cake Endings, Golden Freddy will then give the child cake, unlocking another kid in the Happiest Day minigame. If this criteria has not been met, Golden Freddy will be transported through the right of the child and through the right of the room, leaving only the Exit doors as escape options.
Accessing the Minigame
- To trigger this minigame, the player must be on Night 5. There is a barely-visible figurine of RWQFSFASXC on the far right of The Office desk. If the player double-clicks on this figurine, the minigame will start.
- RWQFSFASXC can fly infinitely if the player uses W, and RWQFSFASXC phase-shifts or glitches through various minigame vignettes as well as a unique purple room that can be triggered by the S key. The player can exit by going through the Exit door on the STAGE01 room of this minigame.
- RWQFSFASXC can go to the BB's Air Adventure section of this minigame and leave the room in the top-left. Phasing over to the purple room with the crying child while RWQFSFASXC is outside of the room allows RWQFSFASXC to contact the child. If the player has unlocked prior Cake Ending criteria, touching the crying child will make a cake appear, exiting the minigame and unlocking a child on the Happiest Day minigame.
Accessing the Minigame
- Happiest Day is not a Night-Specific minigame. The player can access the minigame on any night by going to CAM 3 and double-clicking on the character drawing of The Puppet on the right wall.
- The player controls The Puppet, who can only walk left or right. Walking past several kids wearing alligator and pig masks, the player can go to the far right of the level to find a crying child. To the left of the table, there will be as many children wearing gray masks as have been unlocked from the other minigames. Without all five minigames completed with Cake Endings, the player can only exit via the Exit door; no cake will appear on the table unless the player has all the Cake Endings complete and runs into the table.
- If the player has all five minigames beaten with their respective cake endings, there will be four children wearing Freddy, Chica, Foxy, and Bonnie masks to the left of the table. Running into the table will place a cake on the table. The crying child to the right of the table will now have a Golden Freddy mask on. All five children and the child that the player is controlling will then disappear, and their masks will fall to the ground. The six balloons will then fly upwards through the room barrier, mostly out of view. Finishing this ending will trigger a unique star to appear on the main menu, and this is saved to the game file as a unique variable signifying that the Good Ending has now been realized.
- The cakes found in these minigames are depicted in children's drawings in the first game (specifically in the West Hall).
- It is unknown as to whether this was planned or if it is just the result of Scott's art style.
At the end of each Night, the player will be taken to a special Minigame with only one outcome, up until the last night, where the ending is influenced by progress made in the in-game Minigames. Each Minigame requires the player to navigate the pizzeria with W, A, S, and D as one of the animatronics, except for the final one. The map seems to match up with the layout of the pizzeria from the first Five Nights at Freddy's game.
Each Minigame also contains clues and codes for triggering the in-game Minigames, found in one specific room. To find these hints, the player should walk one room to the left from the starting room (the Show Stage) and two rooms down into a hallway. Each Night Minigame contains a clue for a different in-game Minigame, with the exception of Night 1, which gives hints for two.
Please refer to the main Minigames tab for in-depth detail on how to trigger and play each in-game Minigame.
- Upon completing Night 1, the player is taken to a screen in the same Atari-style graphics as all of the other Minigames. They will begin on the Show Stage, playing as Freddy Fazbear (flanked by Bonnie and Chica), with the minimal instructions "W A S D", which refers to movement input. Once leaving the first screen, going into almost any other screen will trigger a purple Freddy to appear with the text "follow me." in the lower left corner. As the player follows him through the pizzeria, they will eventually come to the top right screen of the map, where the purple Freddy will continue upward into another room. However, upon attempting to move into that room, the player's sprite will push backward and the message "ERR" will appear in the lower left of the screen. Moving back down, the Purple Guy will suddenly run after Freddy, tearing him apart and leaving his dismantled body on the floor. This ends the minigame.
- If the player enters the West Hall, they will find two hints. On the left is the text "BBdblclick," and on the right is a series of four sets rectangles with one rectangle highlighted in yellow in each set. These clues refer to "BB's Air Adventure" and "Mangle's Quest" respectively, in which the player must find and double-click a poster of BB and push the buttons on an arcade machine in the correct order.
- Completing Night 2 once again takes the player to a minigame, this time playing as Bonnie. Freddy is no longer on the stage, though Chica remains. Following the purple Freddy as with the first night, the player will once more arrive at the top right room, where Freddy's dismantled suit still lies on the floor. Attempting to go up into the next room results in the same thing as before; the player will merely be pushed back while "ERR" appears on-screen. Moving down will trigger Purple Guy to come and tear Bonnie apart, just as with Freddy.
- Entering the West Hall will present the player with a new hint. Four gray cupcakes will appear in the box on the left of the screen. This refers to the four gray cupcakes the player must find and click in Night 3 in order to trigger "Chica's Party."
- Night 3 follows the same formula as the previous two nights, this time playing as Chica, who stands alone on the stage. Following the purple Freddy results in Chica being taken apart by Purple Guy, while the parts of both Freddy and Bonnie lie scattered on the floor.
- The West Hall's hint is the numerical code "395248." This refers to the hidden keypad the player can find in The Office just under the window beside the cardboard box. Pushing the tiles in the right order will trigger "Stage 01."
- Night 4 slightly breaks the previous formula as the player starts as Foxy standing outside of Pirate Cove. The rest of the minigame continues as the others, wherein the player must follow the purple Freddy to the top right room, where the parts of all three of the other animatronics litter the floor. As with the last three nights, Purple Guy attacks and destroys Foxy upon trying to enter the topmost room.
- The hint within Night 4's minigame is a still sprite of "Shadow Bonnie" standing inside the right-side box in the West Hall screen. This refers to a hidden figurine of Shadow Bonnie that stands on the player's desk. Double-clicking this figurine triggers the "Glitch" minigame.
- Upon completing Night 5, the player is treated to one last minigame. This time, however, as there are no more animatronics to control, the player takes on the role of one of the crying children prevalent in the Death Minigames of Five Nights at Freddy's 2. The player once more must navigate through the pizzeria, only this time, the purple Freddy does not appear at all. Arriving at the top right room, filled with the discarded pieces of all four main animatronics, the player can now finally enter the room just above. Once inside, they will find four more crying children lining the exit, blocking a panicking Purple Guy from leaving. Also inside this room is an empty Springtrap suit, lying against the right wall, and three arcade cabinets. The player can chase Purple Guy around the room until he finally grows bold enough to run to the suit, slipping inside and laughing triumphantly at the kids, as if he thinks he's won. However, moments later, the suit malfunctions, crushing Purple Guy and slowly dropping him to the floor, dead in a pool of his own blood. The children disappear, and the minigame ends.
- Depending on the steps the player has taken to achieve the Cake Endings for each of the in-game minigames, as well as progressing through the "Happiest Day" scene, one of two endings will follow, and the game ends.